Friday, April 25, 2008

The man behind the name

Since my introduction of Tattoo and his exploits into my blog, I have surprisingly been informed that people out there want to know more about Tattoo. I have even received marriage proposals for him from star struck female readers. Therefore I feel it’s my duty to expand further on the man that has become to be known as "Tattoo".

Tattoo in his early days was a thin, braces wearing lad who thought no end of himself. Actually I secretly believe his parents got him braces to shut his incoherent ramblings of how he is all that. They would have had better results if they had just wrapped chicken wire around his gob. But he was sadly a fish out of water, cos no one really understood him, (didn't really help that the chicken wire made his speech nonsensical), except me. He used to walk with his head held up high, thinking he was god's gift to something, while those around him thought he was a complete nincompoop. Those were trying days for the poor chap, but he soldiered on oblivious to the gawks and finger pointing that went around him.

But as time went by and he blossomed into a young man, you could see he had broken free form his awkward phase in life, but he still looked like a complete doofus. The first time I laid eyes on him was in Secondary School, and how I rue that day. For my life would have been so much simpler if not for that day. There he was walking into class wearing those gunny sack pants, pants deemed fit to be used as uniform by some higher power who probably was sitting in his gloomy office laughing at how his plan to chafe the skin of the poor adolescent males of the school had been successful. When I saw Tattoo that day with his gunny sack and silly grin, something primal in me just wanted to go over, tie that gunny sack over his head and throw him into the deep end of a shallow lake. But alas my better nature took over and I ended up being friends with him and being witness to his countless escapades.

After secondary school Tattoo and me ended up in the same college, how this happened till this day I have no clue. During this period is when I realized that Tattoo was actually a true victim of fashion. I remember quite vividly the first day I saw him without those gunny sack uniform. He looked like a badly casted extra from 90210 with monstrous teeth, oh yes his teeth were huge. He probably was the muse for the dude who invented the coconut scraper. All those years wearing braces seem to have had no effect on his dental demeanor, and his parents should have gotten their money back. Anyway Tattoo continued in his usual nonchalant way and dressed as he pleased; with his two toned silky shirts and carrot cut jeans. Even to this day his fashion sense has not swayed far from that of one being clueless. Recently at a close friends wedding his ensemble was closely related to that of a driver. Yet he didn't give a shit.

Anyway putting all his short comings as a human being aside, Tattoo is quite the character. Therefore I will further endeavour as time goes by to bring his stupid antics to light. Till then happy reading to all.

Jiwang dei.....

No comments: